LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thursday, November 08, 2018. Call for presentations.

Hello everyone,

Let's start planning what we will be covering in our next LabVIEW Architects Forum meeting. 

Same as usual, we will pick a topic based on the reply that has the most kudos.

What would you like us to talk about?

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 7
(4,477 Views)

I would be interested in a case study where someone took a project that they worked on and explained the initial system requirements that they were given and then discussed how they broke that down into discreet classes/modules/actors. I find a lot of presentations tend to show one slide with requirements and then the next slide reveals their design. I'm more interested in hearing about how we got to that design as I often feel a bit stuck with blank block diagram syndrome.

Some specific things I would be interested in hearing about beyond how the presenter broke down the problem would be how their finial design may have deviated from the original design (what caused this change and how did they adapt)? Did any problems come up because of the design decisions? I'm not talking about problems like "it was difficult achieving the desired loop rates so we had to optimize" I'm thinking about higher level problems like "we designed this assuming X so when we needed to add Y it didn't fit into the rest of our design nicely". Based on that, if they were given a clean slate, what might they have done differently?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 7
(4,468 Views)

I have a recent project that I would be willing to do such a requirements to module design to implementation on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,425 Views)

I'd be happy to present on my autodocumentation \ Confluence \ JIRA APIs and applications

Message 4 of 7
(4,369 Views)

Hello everyone,

Looks like Chris Cilino's presentation is winning on the kudos! I will be contacting him to see if he wants to present.

I was going to present on how we designed and broke into pieces the DQMH Continuous Measurement and Logging example, this was following Matt Jacobson's request for a case study. I will be out of town, but I might be able to present remotely. So, if there are other takers, please do let me know.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,223 Views)

At what time will the meeting take place?

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,177 Views)

@joerg.hampel wrote:

At what time will the meeting take place?

Thursday, November 08, 2018 (Room: Cafe 2) 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM NI, Austin, Tx

It will be at the usual time of 6:00 PM. I know it is late for you, sorry!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,161 Views)