LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thursday, March 1st, 2018 is our next meeting. Topics: 1. Unit Testing. 2. Project Provider.

I edited the post to include the link for registration:

https://events.ni.com/profile/form/index.cfm?PKformID=0x231934abcd

See you soon!

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,754 Views)

Hey all,

Thanks for listening to me rant about how terrible awesome project providers are.  And thanks to Darren and Allen for all their backup in explaining to you how much they loathe love the framework!  Slides are attached if you want a souvenir of the evening, and as I mentioned all other documentation, examples, and emotional support can be found on the project provider community forum.

See you all next time!

--David_L

Message 12 of 16
(1,733 Views)

Were these presentations recorded, please? If so, will it be possible to find them, to watch offline?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,718 Views)

I created a new topic for my Unit Testing in LabVIEW presentation.  Fabiola tells me the recording will be posted to YouTube early this week.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Architects-Forum/Unit-Testing-in-LabVIEW/gpm-p/3762785

P.S.  When talking about the Stubbed Random Number, I forgot to show the Animal_TestCase:teardown.vi where I call Random Number:Clear Random Input.vi.  This is how I ensure that the Random Number library always reverts back to normal behavior, in the small chance that you start running production code out of the IDE immediately after running Unit Tests.  😕  (There are at least a couple of things wrong with that statement.)  Teardown.vi provides a simple place to put clean up logic like this, and it will be executed after each test method.

Nate Moehring

SDG
Message 14 of 16
(1,699 Views)

@kosist90 wrote:

Were these presentations recorded, please? If so, will it be possible to find them, to watch offline?

I got a hold of the recording, I will edit them and post them here and on the LAFtracks youtube channel

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 15 of 16
(1,696 Views)

Recordings?!?!  I wonder what incriminating things I said or did.  If anyone asks the presenter from last week was named "Lavid Dadolcetta" Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 16
(1,687 Views)