LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thursday, March 1st, 2018 is our next meeting. Topics: 1. Unit Testing. 2. Project Provider.

Meeting Logistics

• Location: Mopac C, 1S13 @ NI headquarters 11500 North MoPac Expressway, Austin TX
  • Date: Thursday, March 1st, 2018
  • Time: 6:00 PM Central Time
  • Duration: ~2 hours
  • Format: Presentations
  • Food: An accurate headcount helps here so please register if you are attending in-person. Please register here. Even NI employees can use the online registration, there is no longer a need for a separate NI only email. If you are attending remotely, there is no need to register, just join us using the Remote Attendance coordinates below.

Meeting Topics

Unit Testing in LabVIEW

Presenter: Nate Mohering

This presentation will include a brief justification for unit test, writing testable code, and using OOP and JKI's VI Tester to achieve better test coverage.

LabVIEW Project Providers: a Powerful Framework or Bug Magnet?

Presenter: David Ladolcetta

The LabVIEW Project Provider Framework is a set of advanced APIs that allow you to control and modify the LabVIEW Project window. With it you can do things like add new items to the project window, modify existing items, add extra right-click menu options, add glyphs to the icons, add extra toolbars, etc.

Important Note:
The LabVIEW Project Provider framework is an unsupported feature of LabVIEW. The only documentation for it exists in its community group, and it is community supported only. 

Remote Attendance

Thanks to Sixclear for sponsoring remote connection. If you cannot make it to NI, join the web conference

• Join the Screenshare
For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 16
(6,293 Views)

A little bird told me that someone requested hearing again about LabVIEW Project Provider Framework.  I presented this topic at CLA summit maybe 4-5 years ago and since almost nothing has changed on the subject, I'm willing to brush off my presentation again and give it a go.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll try to refresh myself in the details.

-----
David Ladolcetta - Certified LabVIEW Architect
DSP Tools Engineer - Cirrus Logic

Message 2 of 16
(6,271 Views)

wrote:

A little bird told me that someone requested hearing again about LabVIEW Project Provider Framework.  I presented this topic at CLA summit maybe 4-5 years ago and since almost nothing has changed on the subject, I'm willing to brush off my presentation again and give it a go.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll try to refresh myself in the details.

-----
David Ladolcetta - Certified LabVIEW Architect
DSP Tools Engineer - Cirrus Logic

Before you changed your mind, I already changed the topic and description of this post 😉

Thank you so much, David!

Just let me know what you would like the description of your presentation to be... or you can try and edit the original post yourself.

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Message 3 of 16
(6,262 Views)

Well, my original presentation was called "Customize the LabVIEW Project Explorer Using the Project Provider Framework" but past-David was pretty boring.  I could name it something more click-bait-y like "LabVIEW Project Providers: Powerful framework or bug magnet?" or possibly "You won't believe this LabVIEW API that NI doesn't want you to know about.  The results will SHOCK you!"

Message 4 of 16
(6,221 Views)

I guess you're far more indicated than I am for this but I also gave a presentation on project providers 3-4 years ago at an NI internal summit in Austin, let me know if you're in need of more examples or content 🙂

I'll try to make it next week anyway (to show the click-bait works) !

--Eric

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(6,036 Views)

Do we have a registration link for this meeting yet?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(6,027 Views)

Hey Eric,

Feel free to join in and bring up anything I miss or get wrong.  I'm not necessarily the leading expert on this, just the unfortunate soul who got tasked to write documentation on it long long time ago :-).  I'd be happy to have all the input from all the people I can get.

Thanks,

--David_L, CLA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(6,016 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

Do we have a registration link for this meeting yet?

Hello,

The registration links will be hyperlinked to the meeting date on the main page as the meetings dates get closer. For convenience, here is the March 1st registration link.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Thank you,

Nayyab Ali

Regional Marketing Coordinator 

National Instruments

Message 8 of 16
(6,013 Views)

HAHA! I can't believe my terrible click-bait title was actually used in the official invite.  Not sure if I'm proud or ashamed for my name to be associated with that :-).  Oh well, no turning back now, see you all next week!

Message 9 of 16
(6,009 Views)

@David_L wrote:

HAHA! I can't believe my terrible click-bait title was actually used in the official invite.  Not sure if I'm proud or ashamed for my name to be associated with that :-).  Oh well, no turning back now, see you all next week!

If you didn't want that to be the title, you should not have suggested it 😉

See you soon!

Fab

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,951 Views)