From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry for my behavior lately

An open, unsolicited letter -

I want to publicly apologize for the disruptions I provided during Norm's presentation last night, as well as all the other peanut-gallery commentary I have a habit of generating every time we meet. I recognize that I've become a charicature in this community: a loudmouthed Devil's Advocate who takes nothing seriously except his own opinions. If I wanted to equivocate my behavior, I might explain that I've known a lot of the NI employees who attend the meetings for as many as 10 years and feel too comfortable around them to act like the class clown; but in reality I owe a certain level of professionalism to the speaker and the community of attendees at all times.

I want to contribute earnestly to the technical, logistical, and social discussions in our community. I'll always be opinionated and willing to challenge assumptions or inconsistencies, but I hope to do it in a more professional, constructive way moving forward.

❤️

David

Message 1 of 7
(9,372 Views)

I've been to several meetings you've attended and I've always found your comments to add value to the conversation, while at times being playful. You also don't tear into anybody you don't have a personal relationship with to fall back on. In short, I never thought you were being more than somebody with a personality, actively engaged in the community.  Thanks for the mea culpa though 🙂 Brian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,906 Views)

I personally no longer attend meetings because of your behavior!  

Just kidding...your feedback is always valuable.  Sometimes polarizing....but always valuable

Chris Fronda

Principal Engineer | Certified LabVIEW Architect
VI Design Group, Inc.
NI Certified Alliance Partner
www.VIDesignGroup.com
Mobile # (469) 767-6335
Message 3 of 7
(6,906 Views)

I wasn't at the meeting, but wanting to send you some love, David. I've always appreciated your passion, thoughtful input, and desire to contribute (among other things). Your introspection and ability to say "I was wrong" are also very admirable and appreciated.  Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,906 Views)

You've never actually crossed the line in my presence, David, though you've gotten close a couple of times.  And I agree with the other posters that your contributions are generally valuable.  I applaud your introspection.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,906 Views)

Never stop improving yourself and trying to be better to other people.

It's a lot more difficult to be kind and productive than snarky cynical

I've sent many apologies over the years similar to yours. Thank you.

No harm done.

Next time though, I'm coming over the table at ya.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,906 Views)

Sponsoring a Northwest Pony baseball team is a great way, and tax deductible, to feel better about it all.

Ha Ha, just kidding. I missed last week, but have never felt you were out of line in the past.

I did find a sponsor, but keep it in mind  🙂

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,906 Views)