LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - Packages

Meeting Logistics

• Location: Mopac C, 1S13 @ NI headquarters 11500 North MoPac Expressway, Austin TX
  • Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2016
  • Time: 6:00 PM Central Time
  • Duration: ~2 hours
  • Format: Presentations
  • Food: An accurate headcount helps here so please register if you are attending in-person. If you are not an NI employee, please register here. NI employees should use internal invitation; if you are not already on the list, please contact fabiola@delacor.com. If you are attending remotely, there is no need to register, just join us using the Remote Attendance coordinates below.

Meeting Topics

Title: Unfunded Liabilities: How Poor Package Design Drives Technical Debt, and What You Can Do About It

As software applications grow in size and complexity, they require a larger unit of organization than the VI, class, or library. Organizing our software into packages is important to long term success, but package design is an oft-overlooked aspect of system development in the LabVIEW community. The result can be an application that is increasingly resistant to change, or even prematurely obsolete. In this presentation, you will learn the principles of good package design, and some metrics and tools you can use to guide your own development.

Presenter: Allen Smith

Title: Automating Build Processes for Source Based on VIPM

The process of moving from "Code and Fix" to professional software development usually entails continuous integration of some sort. At Cirrus Logic, we are in the middle of that evolution.  To take us to the next level, I have designed a prototype build system that automates the creation of VIPs (VIPM packages) from libraries of code that are hierarchical in nature. I intend on publishing this system to the community at some point in the future and will design it to be extensible so that other distributions, such as exes, dlls, libs, can be created.

Presenter: Chris Cilino

Remote Attendance

Thanks to Sixclear for sponsoring remote connection. If you cannot make it to NI, join the web conference

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,367 Views)

I attempted to join the presentation remotely, was informed that I would join the meeting soon as the presenter became available, after an hour I was told I was the last one in the meeting and I gave up, I assume the presentations will be posted?

Lawrence M. David Jr.
Certified LabVIEW Architect
cell: 516.819.9711
http://www.aleconsultants.com
larry@aleconsultants.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,101 Views)