From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Tuesday, June 16, 2020: Topic: Collaborative Programming with LabVIEW

Meetup registration Link

Meeting Logistics

• Location: From the comfort of your own home. This meeting will be online.
Meeting entry info:
+1 512-851-8323   United States, Austin (Toll)
Conference ID: 831 964 756#

Local numbers

• Date: Tuesday, June 16th, 2020
  • Time: 6:00 PM Central Time
  • Duration: ~2 hours
  • Format: Discussion

Meeting Topic: Collaborative Programming with LabVIEW

Guillermo Oviedo's suggestion got the most kudos.

We will be trying something different. This will be an online meeting with an open format. The theme will be  Collaborative Programming with LabVIEW and we will let people share their ideas/tools/experiences. If anybody wants to share their screens, be prepared to do so.

If there is something outside of the topic that you would want to share with the group, if there is time, we can discuss that at the end of the meeting.

"See you" on Tuesday, June 16, 2020.

The LAF organizing team (Craig, Chris, Allen, and Fab)

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 3
(3,283 Views)
Meeting entry info:

+1 512-851-8323   United States, Austin (Toll)
Conference ID: 831 964 756#

Local numbers

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,263 Views)

One topic that came up during the open discussion at the end of this meeting was that few debugging tools are available for LabVIEW NXG WebVIs.

The meeting encouraged me to share an Add-On I was experimenting with for logging arbitrary values to the console in WebVIs so that there is less boilerplate trying to quickly inspect wire values:

Image dropping the Debug Log node and connecting to a wire on the diagramImage dropping the Debug Log node and connecting to a wire on the diagram

I forgot to reply for a while but I wanted to follow-up and share it for those who might find it useful from the meeting. I even created a handy bit.ly url to make it easier to share: Debug Tools for WebVIs (https://bit.ly/debugtools).

Milan
Message 3 of 3
(2,923 Views)