From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Tuesday 2015-February 17: First meeting of 2015

Meeting Logistics

• Location: Mopac B - cafe @ NI headquarters 11500 North MoPac Expressway, Austin TX
  • Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2014
  • Time: 6:00 PM
  • Duration: ~ 2 hours
  • Format: presentation plus group discussion

Food: Still looking for a food sponsor for this meeting. We will need an accurate headcount, so please register at http://www.ni.com/events/.  We will need National Instruments members to register as well, for that, you will get an internal invitation. If you are not sure if you are in that internal list and want to be, please let Fabiola know (fabiola@delacor.com). If you are attending remotely, there is no need to register, just let us know where you are joining us from when you log in.

Meeting Description

"Pacifying the Newborn, TLB Prime and it's Infancy"

Discussion of the value and implementation of TLB Prime after the rebirth of the LabVIEW State Machine 1.5 years ago.

Presenter: NJKirchner from NI Est. Duration: 30 minutes + 10 minutes for Q&A

"Getting the Most from LabVIEW Curve Fitting"

The curve fitting functions in LabVIEW are usually straightforward to use and return reasonable results. This presentation will cover some problematic cases which yield unexpected results.

Using problems from the LabVIEW support forum and internal use cases, several performance, correctness, and modeling problems and solutions will be discussed.

For example:

"Why do my curve fitting results not agree with software xyz?"

"How can I make my curve fitting faster?"

"How do I model a piece-wise defined function with continuity constraints?"

Along the way some internal details of the curve fitting VIs will be discussed, particularly the non-linear curve fit VIs.

Please bring your curve fitting questions, comments, suggestions, and pet peeves.

Presenter: Jim Nagle (DSPGuy) from NI Est. Duration: 45 minutes + 10 minutes for Q&A

Remote Attendance

Thanks to Sixclear for sponsoring remote connection. If you absolutely cannot make it to NI for the meeting, join us remotely via screenshare and audio conferencing!

Screenshare:

* Browser: https://join.me/647-603-543

* Phone or table: join.me app and enter meeting code: 647-603-543

Audio:

* Over the web: click the phone icon and select 'Call via internet'

* By phone: United States - +1.213.226.1066  with meeting code 647-603-543#

* Other international numbers available

* Start time by time zones

***Remote Attendee Special Request***

Please mute your phones during presentations to help minimize background noise for others joined on the conference line.  To ask questions or supply comments simply pipe up, or better yet, use the chat window (available when you join the screenshare) which we'll monitor throughout.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,046 Views)