LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfaces in LabVIEW - Class Translation Mechanism

I have not seen it, can you share a link with me?

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(3,378 Views)

www.azinterface.net

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(3,376 Views)

Thanks, from a quick look I can see that AZ is more complicated. Also it operates on references and my mechanism doesn't need anything more than following the mutation mechanism technique i.e. no special names for anything, GOOP, destructors, constructors etc. Just pure and to the point.

The final result looks similar, but that is to be expected, since both approaches implement interfaces in LV 🙂

The mutation TO and FROM methods are almost the same.

My approach doesn't have scripting, which I can solve if more people get interested. Do you think I should create a scripting tool for creating TO and FROM methods, when you point to two classes, interface and original?

Use any of these approaches and you will be successful. I advocate mine as the easier one and probably higher performance 🙂

Oh, and there is no license agreement.

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(3,373 Views)

I made a modification to the original example to better show and explain the idea. Uploaded it right now. You can check it out 🙂

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(3,298 Views)

Hejka everyone, please let me know what you would like to learn about this. Do you have any questions? Does this look valuable? What would you improve? Would you like to get a scripting tool that creates all of the additional VIs, virtual folders, community scope settings between interface class and mutating class? Please give me feedback.

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(3,263 Views)

This is less a comment on your solution and more about Interfaces in LV in general, but have you seen that you can create Interface-like behavior using VI Malleables?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvconcepts/vim_adapting_to_input_classes/

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
Message 16 of 17
(2,756 Views)

@Tanner! wrote:

This is less a comment on your solution and more about Interfaces in LV in general, but have you seen that you can create Interface-like behavior using VI Malleables?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvconcepts/vim_adapting_to_input_classes/

Those are awesome! and work great in many instances, but the downside is that they are static.  If your design can work inside that constraint then they are amazing!  Otherwise you'll need to find something else, hence where Piotr's and Andre's solutions fit in.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
Message 17 of 17
(2,741 Views)