From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call for presentations and suggestions for 2020

Happy 2020 to everyone!

Time to plan the LabVIEW Architects Forum meetings for this year. The steering committee (Allen Smith, Craig Hitchman, and Fab) is setting up the dates for the year.

We need you to propose presentations you would like to present or topics you would like for others to present. We will use the number of kudos to determine the agenda for each meeting.

Edit: Update on dates for this year, also updated on our landing page

Please note that NI will continue to sponsor food and the room but they will no longer send invites for these events. We are trying out a meetup group for this.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Thanks,

LAF steering committee

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 29
(6,156 Views)

Once again, I'm happy to give any of my past presentations to fill in gaps in the presenting schedule, just let me know... I can do any of these on short notice. 

Quick! Drop Your VI Execution Time! (CLA Summit 2019)

I Find Your Lack of LabVIEW Programming Speed Disturbing (NIWeek 2019)

Don’t Wait for LabVIEW R&D... Implement Your Own LabVIEW Features (NIWeek 2018)

What to Expect When You’re Expecting an Error (NIWeek 2018)

An End to Brainless LabVIEW Programming (CLA Summit 2016)

Augmenting Right-Click Menus in LabVIEW 2015 (NIWeek 2015)

Improving Code Quality Through Automated Code Analysis (NIWeek 2015)

Hidden Gems in vi.lib (CLA Summit 2014)

Message 2 of 29
(6,129 Views)

I'm working on a long blog post about oAuth2 with PKCE and LabVIEW. I could turn it into a presentation easily.

oAuth2 and PKCE are used for authenticating apps with web services.

Brian Powell
Stravaro, LLC

Learn more about the DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops.
Message 3 of 29
(6,120 Views)

I have been working on converting to using NI Package Manager for deployment. I would glad go over what I have found and how to make the most of the current NI Package tools.

(5,987 Views)

Another shorter topic, I have been doing using the new-ish LabVIEW Command Line Interface and I could talk some about that. Also I could sprinkle in some 32 -> 64 bit conversion issues.

(5,984 Views)

The Actor Framework Project Provider:  A Case Study in VI Scripting

I go over how the AF project provider tools were built, with the goal of helping you write your own.

Message 6 of 29
(5,748 Views)

Efficient Actor Framework Development:  Structure and Messaging

Tips for writing lighter-weight AF code.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(5,744 Views)

Test Driven Development in Actor Framework

How to write unit tests for message-driven architectures.  The examples are AF, but the principles apply to other frameworks.

Message 8 of 29
(5,740 Views)

Unit Testing At Mock Speed

An open-source mock object framework that I developed for LabVIEW.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
Message 9 of 29
(5,706 Views)

I could do a presentation on a project I recently completed.  I have completed a project where I cleaned up a project-less LabVIEW GUI aircraft AFDX bus simulator application.  I could present what I started with and what I did to configure and manage the deployment of different versions of the executable.  The broad strokes of what I did include:

• Placing the code into a project and lvlibs
  • (Edit 20200204)  Tested lower level code with the LabVIEW unit test framework.
  • Created an automated build spec to create an exe, light installer, full installer, and zip distribution
  • I used Octopus deploy to manage the zip distributions on a server, monitor the health of the machines, and deploy different versions of the application to different test machines.
Message 10 of 29
(5,660 Views)