LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call for presentations and suggestions for 2020

@justACS wrote:

Darren's are also available (if Darren can make it).

I'll be there. Let me know if y'all need me to present, and if so, which topic.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(2,765 Views)

@justACS wrote:

Of the folks who have offered, who can be ready in two weeks?

I can have either of mine ready.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(2,757 Views)

@justACS wrote:

We're still looking for presenters for the 18th - neither of our two top kudos can make that date.

At the latest count and not counting the presenters who cannot already make it.

We have:

ChrisStrykesAgain with the presentation called "Why You Should (Not?) Write Your Own Framework"

and

If you are both available, please send me an email to fabiola at delacor.com with the title and abstract for your presentation. I will be sending you direct messages to confirm as well. 

Thanks and looking forward to seeing your presentations.

[Edit] Post for Q1 meeting is up at https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Architects-Forum/Meeting-Tuesday-February-18-2020-Topic-Frameworks-...

Regards,

The LabVIEW Architects Forum committee 

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(2,720 Views)

Hi Fabiola,

Will the next meetings continue to be online?

If so, I might have some topics to share with you guys.

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

Follow my blog for LV content!

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(2,646 Views)

@felipe.foz wrote:

Hi Fabiola,

Will the next meetings continue to be online?

If so, I might have some topics to share with you guys.

The meetings will continue to be online while NI is closed to the public due to COVID. 

However, when we do host the meetings at NI, we still let people connect remotely and interact via the chat. So, feel free to suggest topics or volunteer to present 🙂

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(2,630 Views)

First suggestion is an alternative for managing my source code dependencies. 

Using Gitlab API for Managing Reusable Source Code.

More information on these posts:

https://wp.me/pc3ZrC-3N

https://wp.me/pc3ZrC-3R

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(2,601 Views)

Second suggestion is a class that I developed on top of Actor Framework for dealing with messages in Publish/Subscribe Paradigm:

Broker Framework

Description: an abstraction layer for LabVIEW Actor Framework messaging system that seeks to overcome the tedious process of handling messages between actors. Based on abstract messaging, it gives the developer a possibility of using abstract messages inheritance to create fully decoupled modules to be used and switched across the projects. This framework composed of an actor and an abstract message and uses the publish-subscribe paradigm using topic-based and/or content-based message filtering, allowing easy inter-process messaging without breaking Actor Framework message tree chain.

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(2,595 Views)

Call for topics to discuss next week is up:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Architects-Forum/Call-for-topic-discussions-for-Tuesday-September-2...

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(2,458 Views)

The call for our next meeting on Tuesday, November 2020 just went out:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Architects-Forum/Call-for-topic-discussions-for-Tuesday-November-17...

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(2,387 Views)