LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call for presentations and suggestions for 2019

I've been thinking about putting together a presentation on debugging LabVIEW crashes. I'm not sure it would have a lot of new material for some of the regular attendees but in addition to covering some of the more standard best practices I would also want to answer some questions like:

1. What's in the zips that we keep sending to NI and posting on the forums and does anyone even look at them?
  2. What information can NI even get from those?
  3. What information can I get without having to talk to an Technical Support Engineer (they aren't AEs anymore)?
  4. What will NXG change?

Not sure if it would take a full hour but I'm sure I could put together ~30 minutes of material. I would also want to have a giant disclaimer that this information is not coming from NI R&D and is not in any way an official NI recommendation. This would just be the opinion of one person who has happened to help a lot of people debug their crashes and is tired of responding to the same post from someone posting a screenshot of NI Error Reporter, attaching a zip file, and asking why their LabVIEW is crashing.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 11 of 15
(2,080 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

I've been thinking about putting together a presentation on debugging LabVIEW crashes.

This is a presentation I'd like to see.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,045 Views)

So I am currently investigating moving from 32-bit to 64-bit and I have come a cross a few weird gotchas. I could do a short presentation on what I uncovered in this processes.

Message 13 of 15
(1,968 Views)

Who wants to hear about GCentral? I gave a small teaser during the Aug 1 meeting. In short

• GCentral is for programmers who need to find, share, or collaborate on reusable G code or software engineering tools
  • GCentral is a non-profit organization that provides a platform for G code packages and collaboration resources
  • GCentral is independent and driven by community experts

GCentral's aim: 

• A LabVIEW community making the best version of itself
  • Improving our community's capability through collaboration

Specifically GCentral wants to enable the LabVIEW community to make the best version of itself by removing barriers to

• Discovering and using reuse libraries 
  • Contributing reuse libraries 
  • Co-developing of reuse libraries 
  • Confidently relying on reuse libraries
Message 14 of 15
(1,909 Views)

Our next meeting is scheduled for November 7th, 2019.

It seems like the presentation that has the most kudos at the moment is Chris Cilino's presentation on GCentral. 

Anyone else would like to present? We will be deciding on presenters and topics next week, so if there is something you really want to see that you haven't voted with your kudos for or if you want to propose a new presentation... this is your opportunity!

Thanks,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,677 Views)