LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you ready for GLA Summit? - We have swag for attendees

Hello fellow LAF members,

EDIT: Send me an email at fabiola at delacor . com with your mailing address (only in the USA and only if you don't attend a local user group in your area), and I will mail the swag to your house.

Have you heard about the GLA Summit? If not, go check it out and get your tickets!

It is a 24 hours virtual event for LabVIEW Architects (both certified and self-proclaimed!) that will take place on November 9th.

NI is one of the sponsors and they are giving away some swag items to attendees. We will be getting them and then distributing them around the local members. 

I was thinking of doing a drive-through pick up at some point close to NI and people would stop by, keep their distance, and pick up their swag... 

What do you guys think? other suggestions?

Best regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 1 of 16
(3,580 Views)

That would work for folks who are in the Austin area, which I imagine a lot are. 

For the rest of us are they thinking they'll contact the speakers to get our addresses to mail it out? Seems like that would be easy enough.

Looking forward to the GLA Summit! You guys have done an excellent job putting together a great lineup

Message 2 of 16
(3,552 Views)

Would be an awesome test drive for my new ride. 😉

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,539 Views)

I understand that scheduling conferences is difficult. 

The GLA Summit is scheduled to start on Nov. 9th.  Is it a two day summit?  If so, it will conflict with the NI Aerospace and Defense Exchange.

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,497 Views)

@Mark_L wrote:

The GLA Summit is scheduled to start on Nov. 9th.  Is it a two day summit?  If so, it will conflict with the NI Aerospace and Defense Exchange.

GLA Summit is from 6:00 am Nov 9th to 6:00 am Nov. 10.  The A&D Exchange is 10:00am-5:00pm Nov. 10.  So they do not conflict.  But it will be a LONG 2 days for those of us who want to do both.

NOTE: All times in US Central time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 16
(3,490 Views)

Excellent!  Thank you for the clarification.  

I am excited about the GLA Summit.  

Mark | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,486 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Mark_L wrote:

GLA Summit is from 6:00 am Nov 9th to 6:00 am Nov. 10.  The A&D Exchange is 10:00am-5:00pm Nov. 10.  So they do not conflict.  But it will be a LONG 2 days for those of us who want to do both.

NOTE: All times in US Central time.

I'm aiming for full attendance at both conferences. Anyone else going to attempt it? Want to make some kind of game out of it?

--------------------------------------
Message 7 of 16
(3,460 Views)

@ChrisStrykesAgain wrote:

I'm aiming for full attendance at both conferences. Anyone else going to attempt it? Want to make some kind of game out of it?

My wife would absolutely kill me if I tried that.  I'll catch the sessions I care about when I can.  Besides, I have low hopes of getting anything out of NI's A&D event (they tend to turn into marketing events).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,449 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@ChrisStrykesAgain wrote:

My wife would absolutely kill me if I tried that.  I'll catch the sessions I care about when I can.  Besides, I have low hopes of getting anything out of NI's A&D event (they tend to turn into marketing events).

To be fair, I'm already making my funeral arrangements. #worthit

--------------------------------------
Message 9 of 16
(3,433 Views)

There are 4 hours to sleep in between!

Also, I've never been to an A+D event. When you say marketing do you mean NI trying to market to us? or do you mean a bunch of consultants circling around like vultures? or both? If so how does the second one work in a virtual conference?

Is there is any value in attending if I am not interested in hearing NI's latest marketing pitch? Will I learn something? Will there be an opportunity to mingle/meet potential clients?

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,409 Views)