LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving a wire

Solved!
Go to solution

I've scripted a RCF plugin to insert a node in a wire, drop a String Constant near it, right-justify its text, wire the two together and clean-up the wire.  The result looks like this:

Example_VI_BD.png

I'd like to be able to move the vertical portion of that wire one pixel to the right (OCD).  Changing the wire's position property doesn't have an effect, and the joints in the wire are not writable.  Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,836 Views)

As far as I know (I have not checked in LV 2009 & 2010) there is no way to move a wire. If you want to  do this, you have to delete it and recreate it using wire joint.

Philippe

vipm.io | jki.net

Message 2 of 5
(3,326 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcarmody

Have you tried selecting the wire (using MakeSelection method of TopLvlDiag) and then moving the selection.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,326 Views)

AS2Q_Insert Sub VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,326 Views)

Ah, I misunderstood what you were trying to do. I did not realized you were trying to move the entire wire (I though you were trying to move only one "wire segment" in the wire).

vipm.io | jki.net

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,326 Views)