LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What types of LabVIEW right-click menu features do you want to create?

The JKI Right-Click Framework and LabVIEW Scripting will be released shortly.  What types of new LabVIEW features do you want to see implemented?

Update: We've moved this discussion to the JKI Right-Click Framework Group.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 53
(28,969 Views)

I'd like a "shrink structure to content"!

I had a little "free time" a few weeks ago so I tryed to do it with scripting, it appeared to be a little more complicated than what I thought at first so I never finished it but it's definitely doable and I think it would be a nice feature.

http://forums.lavag.org/shrink-to-content-on-structure-t13412.html

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 53
(4,058 Views)

I like this idea!  I can see how it would be a little tricky in scripting

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 53
(4,058 Views)

Something that might be called "Delete and Connect".  For example, in your sample video, I'd like to be able to delete one of those write/read file vis and have the error wire input automatically reconnect to the output wire.  Kind of the opposite of the "insert" function.

I don't know enough about scripting (yet!) to know if this is possible...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 53
(4,058 Views)

I'd like to be able to select several items, align and stack them and clean up the wires.  I have an OCD...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 53
(4,058 Views)

Agreed! Being able to delete a string of VIs and still have whatever wires are common to the start and end point all wired up would be nice.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 53
(4,058 Views)

Select String or enum constant and 'jump to state' (will need scanning all case structures in SubVIs as well).

BTW: is your tool available for 7.1? I would like to partcipate in community efforts on making such tools. But don't have a newer version...

Felix

Edit: Some more ideas:

* Edit Tags associated with VI (or other)

* SCC status (I just know that I can control SVNTortoise via ActiveX).

* And advanced 'Find all instances', that not only caches the last search, to use it for browsing several layers of VIs

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 53
(4,058 Views)

seeker169 wrote:

Something that might be called "Delete and Connect".  For example, in your sample video, I'd like to be able to delete one of those write/read file vis and have the error wire input automatically reconnect to the output wire.  Kind of the opposite of the "insert" function.

I don't know enough about scripting (yet!) to know if this is possible...

Darren suggested that feature, here, on his blog.  He might already be working on it

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 53
(4,058 Views)

Jim, the framework looks absolutely fantastic.

The pet feature I've often wanted to see, but never had time to develop: select objects, right click, and in one step (not nine!), create a merge (or shell) vi for instant replication.  Automatically drop the vi into a "snippets" palette, and into the quickdrop system.

Joe Z.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 53
(4,058 Views)

F.Schubert wrote:

BTW: is your tool available for 7.1? I would like to partcipate in community efforts on making such tools. But don't have a newer version...

Hi Felix,

The RCF tool is going to be available for LabVIEW 8.2 and greater.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 53
(4,058 Views)