LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree Map

Great questions Nathan, let me try to help.

1. I can create a function like that but it will not fit everyone's needs, so it will need to be a template or a helper, to be modified for specific applications. It will be ready for 24th of December, with the first star in the sky 😉

2. I will add an option in the API to convert underscores into spaces in item names. Right now you can do it by opening up the VI which prepares the tree control elements and modifying the item names yourself.

Happy holidays!

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,610 Views)

I am really liking this API. It is helping make what seemed like large challenges, much easier with it. I had a few questions.

1. Is there a way to graft Tree Maps together? I want to make a small Tree Map and then attached to significantly larger Tree Map. I am trying to use this to add a complex node to large XML file.
  2. Would it be possible to get the Tree Map from Pretty XML to also work with attribute that use single quotes? The TestStand Cfg files use this style and the LabVIEW XML Parsing supports it as well. I would be fine Tree Map to Pretty XML is all double quotes.
  3. Could you also create this a NI Package? I know I am probably one of the few people using NI Packages, but I had to ask 😁

(2,537 Views)

1. Use the copying method in the new version. It allows to copy from one tree into another.

2. I do not really understand but the source is open, lives on GitHub and if you explain to me with examples in a feature request then I will try to help.

3. Sorry, I prefer not to use NI Packages because of their lack of support for building menus. This is a make or break feature for me. For now only VI Packages. But the source is open, so you can always create your own packaging specification.

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,518 Views)

Is there a way to return a value like with XPaths or XQueries? Something we have in XML Parsers vis?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(2,366 Views)

For information, there is a bug in "Remove Node.vi" : the parent address build to remove their child is wrong : it miss a \ at the beginning :

Nico_EMC_0-1680251212316.png

I have seen that Piotr is no longer in this forum, so if anyone can fix this on VIPM, it will be great.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(874 Views)