LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get the possible properties for a class

Sadly, there is no ability to place a control within this folder either. This I feel is a tragic loss in terms of encapsulation. Anyone else with me?

~Norm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,483 Views)

NJKirchner wrote:

Sadly...

1. You're hijacking the thread.

2. Huh? I don't understand what you want to do.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,353 Views)

Thread was answered, now we're just having fun but duely noted.

In terms of understanding, each property node has a control associated with it. it's not necessarily linked to a typedef, but if it is, wouldn't it be nice to have the typedef associated with the node along with the node.

Hopefully that helps,

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,353 Views)

NJKirchner wrote:

property node has a control associated with it. it's not necessarily linked to a typedef, but if it is, wouldn't it be nice to have the typedef associated with the node along with the node.

Humbug.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,353 Views)

I don't think it is a violation of encapsulation. If a property is returning a type it's because that type is used by the class generally. In the majority of cases, it is a member of the private data cluster. Why is it more strongly associated with the property node than with any other method that acts on that typedef'd data?

We did talk about having a single typedef that was usable *only* by the two property VIs as a way of giving you a shorthand for changing the type of both read and write VI in one place, but that seemed like overkill for the case where there is only one VI in the folder and if the type really was exposed elsewhere then you probably wanted a more general typedef that you could update.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,353 Views)