From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place VI Content on Cursor using User Interaction Invoke Nodes

Is it possible to Place the Content of a VI on the Cursor using the VI Scripting "User Interaction > Place Object on Cursor" (UI:PlaceObjectOnCursor) Invoke node without a "Place VI Content" palette menu? Currently, if you pass the path into the UI:PlaceObjectOnCursor invoke node, the subVI will be placed on the cursor. If you configure the palette menu to "Place VI Content" then use the UI:PlacePaletteObjectOnCursor invoke node, the content of the VI will be placed on the Cursor.

VIScriptPlaceCursor.png

Are there any options to Place VI Content on the Cursor without creating a palette menu? Any help would be appreciated.

-Ryan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,717 Views)

This feels like a bug - it seems like you should be able to wire "True" to mergeVI in your first example to achieve the result you want, but this doesn't work (I tried).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,581 Views)

The bug remains in LV2013. Not very useful if I have to add the vi to the palette first. And it would be so much more useful if the node accepted an GObject in as an alternative to type or path.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,581 Views)

Did this never get a CAR assigned to it?  I just tested it in 2015 and it still is an issue.  Placing a subVI based on the path works if merge is left as false, but setting merge to true does nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,581 Views)

Guten Tag,

Ich bin im Uraub bis Dienstag den 16.08. und in dieser Zeit auch telefonisch nicht zu erreichen.

Wenden Sie sich in dringenden bitte an Elke Härtel (Tel: +49 (4202) 9 53 53 -0).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Bartels

--

<thomas.bartels@ltm-data.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,581 Views)