LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get progress when building an EXE with Application Builder API

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get progress when building an EXE with Application Builder API?

I am using the code below to automate my work and it would be nice to see a progress bar like when you build your application from the LV Project.

build code.png

I've found a VI called "Create progressbar events.vi" but I don't know what it does and how to use it.

progressbar.png

Thanks a lot for help.

Matthias.

Message 1 of 5
(2,548 Views)

Hi Matthias,

Sorry this is a little late.  "Create progressbar event.vi" creates user events for the Application Builder API to pass messages with, I would guess the normal pop-up window utilizes these events.  Below is a quick and dirty snippet example of using these events to show build status.

build with progress bar.png

-Voky

Message 2 of 5
(1,563 Views)

Hi Voky

Have you got snippet example for Installer Builder Progress Bar as well?

Thank you

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(556 Views)

Thanks for the example Voky, and the question, Matthias. It's great to get a little more information about the collection of VIs in these folders.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(416 Views)

Hi Peter,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I've been busy with a new project the past few months.  I haven't used the installer builder, but poking around the AB_API folder I found something that might be of interest.

'.\vi.lib\AppBuilder\IB_Classes\Installer\Get_Installer.vi' looks to be a method for accessing many data members including the user events to drive the progress bar

cbutcher,

You're welcome, glad to share it.

Thanks guys,

-Voky

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(407 Views)