LabVIEW 2022 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2022 Q3 released? Missing versions on download page

I saw that the LabVIEW download page now offers LabVIEW 2022 Q3 for download. Has this version been officially released?

There doesn't appear to be MacOS, Linux, or any Community Edition versions available. Will these be coming soon?

Did all of the features from the beta make it into this release, such as the Target structure or gRPC?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,977 Views)

@MichaelBalzer wrote:

There doesn't appear to be MacOS, Linux, or any Community Edition versions available. Will these be coming soon?

All platforms seems available (win, max, linux). Notably, the community edition is listed as 64bit only, but the download actually has X86 in the filename, so it is probably 32bit. (ni-labview-2022-community-x86_22.3.0_offline.iso) Bummer!

altenbach_0-1658887489104.png

Message 2 of 12
(2,964 Views)

Thanks altenbach, there must've been some caching issue in my browser from when I viewed the page last night. Opening the download page in a different browser shows everything is available.

I recall the community edition was listed as 64-bit for the previous LabVIEW release, but was only 32-bit. Looks like the same has happened again this release. I suspect it's 32-bit to support the bundled LINX toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,958 Views)

@MichaelBalzer wrote:

Did all of the features from the beta make it into this release, such as the Target structure or gRPC?

There doesn't appear to be any mention of Target Structure or gRPC in the Features and Changes list for LV 2022 Q3.

Message 4 of 12
(2,903 Views)

The communication around gRPC for this seems increasingly misleading.

gRPC is not a feature of LabVIEW 2022 Q3 (in a technical sense) - You have to install support for the tool from github https://github.com/ni/grpc-labview which is not ready for release and not supported by NI yet.

Oh and you can install it back to 2019 anyway!

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 5 of 12
(2,835 Views)

@James_McN wrote:

The communication around gRPC for this seems increasingly misleading.

gRPC is not a feature of LabVIEW 2022 Q3 (in a technical sense) - You have to install support for the tool from github https://github.com/ni/grpc-labview which is not ready for release and not supported by NI yet.

Oh and you can install it back to 2019 anyway!

I thought NI might've at least added a link in the palette to the download gRPC with VIPM (similar to the JSONtext library), but I see the gRPC package on VIPM hasn't been touched since Nov 2021.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,801 Views)

In GitHub, the latest pre-release is dated 01-05-2022 (that means 1st of may of course).

It does look like the development is somewhat active.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,793 Views)

While we had hoped to have a "1.0" release of the gRPC project from github available alongside the LabVIEW 2022 Q3 release, we had to delay it. NI is actively contributing to the project, though, and intends to include it with a future release of LabVIEW.

The Target Structure wasn't considered complete enough for a "preview" checkbox in Options, but it is behind an INI token, and if you're interested in trying it out please let me know. I'm hoping to create a forum where we can show what's been implemented thus far and get feedback.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 8 of 12
(2,746 Views)

Is there any way to fix the download page so the community edition does not show as 64bit only (it is actually 32bit only).

altenbach_0-1658887489104.png

Message 9 of 12
(2,729 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Is there any way to fix the download page so the community edition does not show as 64bit only (it is actually 32bit only).

Thank you for reporting this. I'll see if we can get it corrected on the download page.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 10 of 12
(2,709 Views)