LabVIEW 2022 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2022 Beta Now Available

The VM is on a different computer, so I cannot check at the moment, but its a plain vanilla VirtualBox with windows 10 pro. Did not really configure anything special (except more CPU cores), but I don't know what the defaults are.

(I actually installed and activated quite a while ago, but then the virtualbox went haywire** and I had to copy the volume to a different drive. Once I attached it to a new VM, the beta became inactivated. Maybe it thinks it's a different computer and there is a license for the old virtual hardware stuck somewhere? The original was before my long trip, so maybe I misremember.

I'll investigate next time.

**Long story: There are reports (example) that VirtualBox has problems if the Virtual drive is located on some older hybrid drive (classic hard drive with some SSD for caching). Basically, the HD was running at 100% forever, all interactions took ages, and the task manager reported "average response times" for the disk in thousands of milliseconds :o. Somehow the SSD caching algorithm was fighting a battle that it could not win. While it worked initially, the problem started with a windows update on the VM, similar as quoted in the discussion. The task manager showed "average responses times" up to about 70000ms (70 seconds!!!!!). The problem went away immediately after moving the file to a classic HD.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 47
(1,641 Views)

In the meantime, I also installed Labview 2022 Q3 on a Windows 11-Server pro in an Oracle virtual machine .

Activation via  logged-in NI account did work:

alexderjuengere_0-1657785544769.png

I am located in Europe.

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 47
(1,633 Views)

Perhaps try activating just the beta license file alone in NILM using the beta SN.  (If NILM doesn't allow you to activate a single license file directly, try moving all the LabVIEW*.lc files out of the C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager\Licenses directory except the single .lc file that has BETA_END in it (Pro_PKG, IIRC).)

VM drive-swapping can indeed cause NILM to rollover to ephemeral backup licenses as speculated.

Internal NI reports state that IPv6 issues have been fixed, but there are some errors related to activating the LV22Q3 'family' (an NILM-internal concept) as it relates to the beta.  That avenue is being researched here at NI.  In the meanwhile, try the step above if so inclined.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 47
(1,615 Views)

Activating the beta license file alone in NILM: fail

Removing IPV6 support: fail

Removing all .lc files except "the one": fail

Note this is a clean VM with no other NI software prior to the beta installation.

Will try to repair the beta installation, else starting over with a new VM....

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 47
(1,599 Views)

Took me half a day io create a new windows 10 VM and install the beta. This time the activation worked fine. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 47
(1,588 Views)

we're not going to officially support M1 Macs with this release

This is terrible ! As all the new Mac are M1,

There is access bugs to vi's ... certainly caused by rosetta ... that forbid us to program on new machines

The m1 is out since years (2020) !!! 

you could solve this well known bug and allow your customer to use a software that we payed a fortune. 

ì payed for a software that I can just look and can't use.

what image do you want us to let us have on NI ?

you are killing decades of work 

Message 46 of 47
(1,546 Views)

@be wrote:

we're not going to officially support M1 Macs with this release

This is terrible ! As all the new Mac are M1,

There is access bugs to vi's ... certainly caused by rosetta ... that forbid us to program on new machines

The m1 is out since years (2020) !!! 

I'm not a Mac user, but I recognize that the 2022 release not supporting the M1s is a bit concerning, especially now that the second generation M2s are out. 

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 47
(1,503 Views)