LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New Feature] macOS Big Sur Support

LabVIEW 2021 Beta supports macOS Big Sur.

Packages are now signed so that the LabVIEW installer doesn’t present a security warning.

Note, however, that LabVIEW doesn’t yet support the Apple M1 chip; testing with Rosetta 2 has uncovered an issue which affects LabVIEW.

Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 1 of 4
(249 Views)

Could we know what does not work ?

My (little) testing with LV2020 SP1 on M1 showed that everything run smoothly?

Just install LV2021 and it also works fine so far.

Message 2 of 4
(147 Views)

Hi Christina

Thanks a lot for this! In fact LV2021beta PDS for MacOS installed alright on a M1 MBPro under MacOS 11.2.2! The installation prompted for the need to install Rosetta first which was a snap as well as to install LV2021 thereafter. I moved all my existing wireworks to this brand new MBPro now and so far all the old projects did open and the recompiles went well. This is so far... who knows what's ahead;-) Generally my rather longtime experience with LV on the Mac proves that things have worked stable and up to my satisfaction/expectation.

Now, one big problem is the capability for DAQ possibilities. LV with no way to interact with the physical real world is nearly of no use. Is there a plan in this domain?

Anyway, I keep on wireworking with LV on this fine new ARM powered Apple and I shall report inconveniences if I find any. Is this the forum to report bugs?

Happy wireworking yours

Urs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(124 Views)

@_Chris wrote:

Could we know what does not work ?

My (little) testing with LV2020 SP1 on M1 showed that everything run smoothly?

Just install LV2021 and it also works fine so far.

We're seeing certain cases where we get errors while loading VIs. The team hasn't completed investigating the issue yet, so I can't give a more specific description.

Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(57 Views)