LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New Feature] SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) API

(My apologies that I missed posting this with the initial round of New Feature posts).

Christina_R_0-1619797768204.png

The LabVIEW 2021 Beta includes a new palette for using SFTP.

The attached example shows SFTP upload/download with password and key-based authentication.

Debugging tip: in general, if you encounter problems, first ensure that ssh/plink work on the command line.

Known Issues
1. askpass is not implemented for OpenSSH in Windows (if you're using password authentication and don't specify a password, you won't be interactively prompted for one). It should work fine for Putty.
2. Due to issue 1, OpenSSH in Windows does not support specifying a password on the block diagram.
3. Recursive upload/download is not currently implemented.
4. There is not currently a high-level VI to run an SSH command.
5. askpass support on macos and Linux is experimental.

Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 1 of 3
(243 Views)

One step closer to a native SSH client...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(236 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

One step closer to a native SSH client...

SSH_FP.png

100% Pure G, born in LV2009, mostly up and running by LV2012.  Time spent implementing SCP and FISH seems a bit wasted these days, but at least my SFTP implementation is still useful.

The hard part is not the encryption/decryption voodoo, but rather creating a nice interactive console.  I have a kludge which is kind of nice and implements a lot of the pty codes, but I usually resort to a separate input control (ie. the command input above) and rely on server echo in the output.  Still, trying to color code the output is a real pain.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(122 Views)