LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New Feature] List Running VIs to be Aborted on Quit/Close

When quitting LabVIEW (or otherwise closing an execution context), LabVIEW will now inform you of the top-level running VIs that will be aborted if you continue:

Christina_R_0-1618885702093.png

 

This feature originated from a suggestion submitted on NI Idea Exchange by NI Discussion Forums member ouadji.


Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 1 of 19
(560 Views)

Hi Christina,

 

Nice feature, but is it possible to consider to add a menu to aborts all running VIs in the project without closing the project? 

 

Dany

 

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
Message 2 of 19
(471 Views)

@DanyAllard wrote:

 

Nice feature, but is it possible to consider to add a menu to aborts all running VIs in the project without closing the project? 


If we did a "VI Task Manager," then I expect we'd include the ability to abort running VIs by project. If this sounds appealing, please vote for the suggestion on Idea Exchange.


Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(462 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:


If we did a "VI Task Manager," then I expect we'd include the ability to abort running VIs by project. If this sounds appealing, please vote for the suggestion on Idea Exchange.


Or something like this:

DanyAllard_1-1619058625477.png

 

I already vote for this Idea 👍

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(449 Views)

Christina, the idea you linked to is 11 years old! I am not sure anyone is still waiting around for NI to implement this.

_________________________
All your base are belong to us.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(393 Views)

Well, maybe not actively waiting but happy to have this feature available at last.

After all, feature backlog is seemingly being adressed. 

Thanks for that.

 

Join the Community!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(371 Views)

The VI Abort invoke node don't seems to work anymore on clone VI's, It return error 1000. VI is not in a state compatible... 

 

DanyAllard_0-1619184120909.png

Is it expected Behavior ?

 

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(353 Views)

@DanyAllard wrote:

The VI Abort invoke node don't seems to work anymore on clone VI's, It return error 1000. VI is not in a state compatible... 

 


I've created Bug 1432279 for this issue. Thank you for testing the LV2021 Beta!


Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 8 of 19
(317 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

@DanyAllard wrote:

The VI Abort invoke node don't seems to work anymore on clone VI's, It return error 1000. VI is not in a state compatible... 

 


I've created Bug 1432279 for this issue. Thank you for testing the LV2021 Beta!


Thank you Christina!

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(295 Views)

True Oli,

 

Sorry Christina, my comment was really not necessary. I do appreciate all efforts to make LabVIEW the best possible it can be.

_________________________
All your base are belong to us.
Message 10 of 19
(283 Views)