LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2021 Beta Now Available

I didnt want to start a flame and I dont think its a simple task...

... but honestly, how long does the community cry out for this? LabVIEW is pretty much complete in its current form*, I dont see how the new versions from the past couple years added value to the vast majority of the users. I think zoom would be THE new feature for what I would consider buying a new license.

*my opinion

Message 21 of 76
(4,967 Views)

I totally agree! The GUI is due for rework!

My concern is just to keep demands on a reasonable level. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 76
(4,967 Views)

Completely agree with that, and if they are improving on the UI I would much rather have dynamically created controls like NXG than anything with zoom.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 23 of 76
(4,954 Views)

If you need to use zoom you don't have enough subvi's or you should think about restructuring your architecture.

I would much rather see vector based front panel controls, responsive UI's and more user events from UI elements.

Message 24 of 76
(4,673 Views)

"If you need to use zoom you don't have enough subvi's or you should think about restructuring your architecture."

Another possible reason could be that I'd just prefer to program LV without being forced to aim with my mouse as accurately as if I'd play counter strike world cup championship finals.

I'm always surprised to see when somebody just sweeps a valid problem under the rug by blaming the one who mentioned the problem.

Message 25 of 76
(4,667 Views)

So this means, you don't need zoom, but you just want the cursor to snap to the connectorpane, just like in NXG, well that is a feature I would like to see as well in current gen

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 76
(4,667 Views)

Just need a LV version that handles Windows Scale and Layout setting. (my zoom)

No problem with 100%, but using 150% on a 4k monitor sometimes has unexpected graphical issues.

E.g. enlarged cursors or displaced context menus shown at 100% scaling instead of the configured setting.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 76
(4,663 Views)

"So this means, you don't need zoom, but you just want the cursor to snap to the connectorpane, just like in NXG, well that is a feature I would like to see as well in current gen"

Nah, that means that I need zoom, you just feel smarter by telling other people what do they like to have and what not. So whatever...

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 76
(4,661 Views)

@1984 wrote:

"So this means, you don't need zoom, but you just want the cursor to snap to the connectorpane, just like in NXG, well that is a feature I would like to see as well in current gen"

Nah, that means that I need zoom, you just feel smarter by telling other people what do they like to have and what not. So whatever...

I keep repeating that we need a zoom in, not a zoom out.

That is, a zoom factor 1 or larger could be useful (maybe even a requirement ) for high resolution screens. A zoom factor <1 is just asking for bad code practices.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 76
(4,641 Views)

@Bas.v.E wrote:

If you need to use zoom you don't have enough subvi's or you should think about restructuring your architecture.

I would much rather see vector based front panel controls, responsive UI's and more user events from UI elements.

This is an argument against a zoom out.  But what I find is that most people want a zoom in.  I think it would be reasonable for NI to disallow zooming out but allow for zoom in.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 76
(4,640 Views)