From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2021 Beta Now Available

@1984 wrote:

do we have a "whats new in LV-2021?" document somewhere? (BTW the installer doesnt run on a 32bit win7 OS. After starting the installer I immediately get a message that this only runs on a 64bit win10 version 1507 or newer.)

I can't find the announcement, but IIRC, support for 32 bit OS's stopped.

IIRC, Windows 7 support was explicitly dropped as well.

Weirdly enough, LV 32 bit is still recommended over 64 bit...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 76
(6,038 Views)

In the meantime I did install LV Version 21.0b11 (64bit) onto a MacOS 11.3 M1 Mac. Things work quite well so far although not really much faster than on the previous Intel Macs. I do have problems to build stand alone applications from this LabVIEW though (Posted this in another thread)

Happy wireworks!

Message 12 of 76
(6,026 Views)

You can see the announcement here:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/19/national-instruments-support-for-wind...

On May 1, 2021, NI software will drop support for Microsoft Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32- and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, and all 32-bit Windows operating systems. NI hardware and software released after May 1, 2021, will not install or execute correctly on those operating systems.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 76
(6,011 Views)

I added a "New Features" list to the original post in this thread.

Christina Rogers
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 76
(6,007 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

You can see the announcement here:

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/documentation/supplemental/19/national-instruments-support-for-wind...

On May 1, 2021, NI software will drop support for Microsoft Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32- and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, and all 32-bit Windows operating systems. NI hardware and software released after May 1, 2021, will not install or execute correctly on those operating systems.

I first saw this with the NIPM 20.7 announcement.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 76
(6,005 Views)

@Christina_R wrote:

Installation fails on computers with certain chipsets. (Windows)

• ni-webserver-webservices-amqp or skyline-rabbit-mq might fail on install.

There's an update on this Windows installation issue. A workaround is to install SystemLink 2021 R1 before installing LabVIEW 2021 Beta:

1. Install the latest version of NIPM
  2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of NIPM to open the Settings view
  3. Check the "Show available packages and feed management tools" checkbox
  4. Select the Feeds tab
  5. Click the Add button to add a new feed
  6. Provide a name for the feed 'systemlink-server'
  7. Input the 2021 R1 SystemLink Server feed URI: https://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-s/ni-systemlink-server/21.0/released
  8. Perform the installation of LV2021

Christina Rogers
Message 16 of 76
(5,991 Views)

Does it have zoom? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 76
(5,832 Views)

@1984 wrote:

Does it have zoom? 🙂

Windows key + "+".

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 76
(5,830 Views)

Still the old interface, no vector graphics, no zoom, ... Seems to be a IDE from the nineties. Come on NI, you can do better!

At least try to recuperate some of the interface work you've done with NXG.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 76
(5,820 Views)

@Wouter.Sas wrote:

Still the old interface, no vector graphics, no zoom, ... Seems to be a IDE from the nineties. Come on NI, you can do better!

At least try to recuperate some of the interface work you've done with NXG.

How long has NXG been "dead" now? How realistic is it to have a complete re-write of the user interface within this timeframe? 

I prefer to have a proper implementation, not a quick one.

BTW.... How many people have complained about the looks of NXG?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 76
(5,817 Views)