LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2021 Beta Now Available

Welcome!

 

The LabVIEW 2021 Beta is now available for download on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

 

Known issues

 

  1. The application icon overlay is “20” instead of “21.” (All operating systems)
  2. Installed documentation is from LabVIEW 2020. (All operating systems)
  3. Installation fails on computers with certain chipsets. (Windows)
    • ni-webserver-webservices-amqp or skyline-rabbit-mq might fail on install.
    • Workarounds
      • Deselect System Web Server during installation, or
      • Install SystemLink 2021 R1 before installing the LabVIEW 2021 Beta. Details
  4. Installer erroneously uninstalls LabVIEW 2017 and earlier. (Bug 1404653) (Windows)

To report issues with LabVIEW 2021 Beta, please post to the LabVIEW 2021 Public Beta forum and prefix your title with [Bug]. Please include information about your system (e.g., operating system version).

 

New Features:

 

Thank you for your participation! I look forward to seeing your feedback.


Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 1 of 23
(2,421 Views)

good news

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(2,396 Views)

Any details about the "certain chipsets" that need a workaround? Is there a (incomplete) list? Is there a specific error message we should watch out for?


LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(2,348 Views)

Thank you Christina for the information and the work envolved! I am interested in the MacOS version and the notice on "Supported chipset" made me wonder if I could go ahead and try the LV2021 PDS beta on a new ARM processor powered Macs. Apple states:

 

"macOS Big Sur will also include a new version of Rosetta. Apple used Rosetta previously for the PowerPC shift to Intel-based Macs, and Rosetta 2 will automatically translate existing apps at install time. This means that even if developers haven’t fully updated their apps, they should still work without modification. Apple is also using virtualization for running versions of Linux on these new Macs.

 

I would like to know because it would be a reason to buy one of these machines!

 

Urs, the very longtime LabVIEWer faithful to LV's heritage platform to this date



0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(2,270 Views)

Is activation online only? I don't see anything about a serial number. I get an "Offline activation" pop-up prompting me (I think) to generate an activation code. When I do this my PC attempts to connect to ni.com. Unfortunately, the PC that I'm using is not (and can never be) connected to the Internet.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(1,919 Views)

Well I've actually tried to use my brain a bit. On a PC that is online I've browsed to the URL that my offline PC was trying to get to. I now see the Activation Code Generation Form. However, I'm reluctant to submit the form and get a code as I'm sure our security people would disapprove of me giving up the Computer ID. Anything they don't understand they usually say no to. I guess I'm stuck. I'll just have to wait until 2021 is released and license through our VLM.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(1,895 Views)

@GGT wrote:

Is activation online only? I don't see anything about a serial number. I get an "Offline activation" pop-up prompting me (I think) to generate an activation code. When I do this my PC attempts to connect to ni.com. Unfortunately, the PC that I'm using is not (and can never be) connected to the Internet.


I haven't tried, but there is something about the serial number in the OP:

 


@Christina_R wrote:

Welcome!

 

The LabVIEW 2021 Beta is now available for download on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

 


 

 

 

 

Message 7 of 23
(1,775 Views)

@GGT wrote:

Well I've actually tried to use my brain a bit. On a PC that is online I've browsed to the URL that my offline PC was trying to get to. I now see the Activation Code Generation Form. However, I'm reluctant to submit the form and get a code as I'm sure our security people would disapprove of me giving up the Computer ID. Anything they don't understand they usually say no to. I guess I'm stuck. I'll just have to wait until 2021 is released and license through our VLM.


I've forwarded your question inside NI, but so far I haven't found a way to use the LabVIEW 2021 Beta on a machine without an Internet connection. I apologize for the inconvenience!


Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(1,699 Views)

@GGT - I've been told that you can call NI Support to request an activation code, but you will need to provide the Computer ID. I don't understand your security concerns about providing this ID to NI, since I believe it's just a unique identifier generated by the NI License Manager. But it's up to you, of course, if you want to try to go this route.


Christina Rogers
Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(1,682 Views)

Hi,

 

do we have a "whats new in LV-2021?" document somewhere? (BTW the installer doesnt run on a 32bit win7 OS. After starting the installer I immediately get a message that this only runs on a 64bit win10 version 1507 or newer.)

 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(986 Views)