LUGG - LabVIEW User Group at Goddard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for presentations for the 2018 second quarter LUGG meeting.

Hello LUGG Community:

We just finished our first quarterly meeting for 2018 a couple of days ago, and I was happy to see a good turnout.  I want to thank Jason Whaylen and Kristin Ernst for organizing the meeting and the delicious food, and welcome Kristin as our new sales rep for GSFC.  Let's also thank Alyson Topper and Eric Lyness for the interesting presentations.

I want to send out a call to the LUGG community for ideas about lectures you would like to see at the upcoming 2nd quarter meeting (probably in June).  I am sure the NI folks will want to do a recap of all the new stuff introduced in May at NI Week. In addition to the NI Week recap, we'll need another topic.  I can start things off by suggesting possibly going over ways to do SSH/SFTP/SCP in LabVIEW.   If anyone else has ideas about what you'd like to see, please post them here on this topic.  We can put together a poll of the ideas and send it out to the group.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,740 Views)

Hi.  My name is Robert Schor, but I'm known in LabVIEW Circles (and on the LabVIEW Forum) as Bob Schor.  I'm a PhD Neuroscientist, but have been doing computerized data acquisition, Real-Time, data analysis, etc. for 40+ years, and have been using LabVIEW for just over a decade.  I'm currently a Contractor working in Bethesda at the National Eye Institute, and interested in getting involved in local LabVIEW User Groups (e.g. LUGG).

I've just returned from NIWeek 2018, where I was honored by being named to this year's group of new LabVIEW Champions.  Most of the sessions I attended were in the SEPAD Track, which (of course) stands for Software Engineering Processes, Architectures, and Design, full of cutting-edge stuff (some of which I understood).

About a year ago, I did a Project for monitoring mouse behavior utilizing up to 24 "stations" (holding a single mouse) with behavior recorded using a balance and a video camera.  The Cool Feature of this application (besides the fact that it worked!) is that it relied heavily on Channel Wires, a new feature introduced in LabVIEW 2016 that simplifies asynchronous communication among parallel processes in LabVIEW.  My routine, if all 24 Stations are running, has well over 200 of such Channel Wires active.  I'd be happy to give a presentation on this Project, and on Channel Wires, in general, perhaps in the next meeting after the upcoming July meeting (where I'll be happy to share my impressions of NIWeek 2018, and meet the local NI people).

As I've never been to Goddard, I would welcome "directions", as well as hints on driving times from the NIH Campus and anything I need to know to enter the grounds where the meeting of the LUGG will take place.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,658 Views)