Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Analog Set Reference Voltage vi

Hi, a Labview new learner here

So I am using Arduino and Labview Linx to measure voltage.

I start with the example "Analog Read 1 Channel", but I need to measure smaller voltage changes so I add an Analog Set Reference Voltage vi to the example but I am having some trouble with that.  

here is the block diagram, the example is on the left, and my revised case is on the right

Untitled.jpg

As you can see, I am having trouble with the AI Reference Mode knot of this reference voltage vi. On the reference webpage, the description for this knot is "Specify the analog input reference mode as internal, external, or device default" so I use Enum constant to input "Internal" and I have no idea why am I having the broken wire.

I know this is probably a very basic problem, but I cannot figure this not... could someone show what I did wrong?

P.S. the corresponding Arduino code for what I am trying to do should be something like this, I have tested this Arduino code and it worked

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,317 Views)

For the broken wire, delete your constant and right-click on the input to the the VI and select create constant.  This will give you a constant with the correct options for that input.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
Message 2 of 6
(2,311 Views)

David, Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,249 Views)

Hello,

I also face the same issue. Even though I followed a recommended answer, I still couldn't fix the voltage reference. I received an error code of 5004 instead. May i ask how to fix this issue. Hopefully this forum is still openederror code 5004.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,838 Views)

Your error says "The Arduino Due does not currently support the Analog Read function".  I don't think your issue is the same as what was originally in this post.  It appears that you have a hardware limitation or you don't have matching Arduino code to match this functionality.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,818 Views)

Hi,

The analogue inputs on the Arduino Due can measure 3.3V maximum. 

It is not possible to change this using the Arduino analogReference() function.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,794 Views)