From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2020 install guide

Apologies, this is probably already answered - I can't find the answer online.

Working on a Labview 2020 system.  Have installed NI-VISA, NI-DAQmx, and LINX via VIPM.  The LINX tool palette shows up, but I don't see the "program/configure" option under the Tools>Labview MakerHub that Remember using in past versions to program an Arduino to be a LINX peripheral. 

eg, Labview Makerhub doesn't appear below:

nmoorewsu_0-1608224848628.png

Message 1 of 5
(2,477 Views)

Are you using the LabVIEW 2020 Community edition?  If so my understanding is that you should not need to install LINX through VIPM as it is already installed with LabVIEW 2020 Community.  I believe these are some post that say if you install LINX through VIPM on the Community edition it may cause conflicts so you might want to uninstall it from VIPM and see if that changes anything.

If you are not using LabVIEW 2020 Community what exact edition do you have installed?  I am using LabVIEW 2020 Professional and I see this, which is what you are expecting to see.

MakerHub LINX ToolsMakerHub LINX Tools

If you are using a non-Community edition I have found that you need to install LabVIEW RT 2020 also to get everything to work properly.  I don't remember if the tool showed up before installing LabVIEW RT 2020 so you may want to try that if you are not using the Community edition.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
Message 2 of 5
(2,460 Views)

Thanks for the comment.  I'm using Labview Professional 2020 f2.  The MakerHub menu option is the one I'm missing.  Oddly, the Arduino pallette shows up. 

nmoorewsu_0-1608228062198.png

and the demo vi's load

nmoorewsu_1-1608228188712.png

Message 3 of 5
(2,445 Views)

My problem with LabVIEW Professional 2020 was that I was not able to target a Raspberry Pi in a project until I installed LabVIEW RT 2020.  If you don't think LabVIEW RT 2020 is the issue then maybe try uninstalling and re-installing the LINX package.  I can provide a screenshot of the software I have installed from MAX for you to review later but I am in the middle of something at the moment and don't have access to that system.

David Wilt
The New Standard LLC
Message 4 of 5
(2,437 Views)

RESOLVED This was stupidity on my part.  I had installed the NI LIFA driver, not the "Digilent" LINX driver.  System now works.  Thanks for the replies. 

nmoorewsu_0-1608234519394.png

Message 5 of 5
(2,427 Views)