Hobbyist Toolkit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2020

Well, you have a VI in a loop with the text SYNC DEVICE in there. This is the VI where you should add a timeout constant of 1000 to the first VI that gets called in there.

Someone obviously improved the Initialize Device.vi to get rid of the hard 5000 ms delay, which in itself is a very good idea. However this does not seem to work nicely with the Arduino Mega, apparently.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 50
(2,412 Views)

Colinvellacott_1-1599829736899.png

Change the 100 to 1000, is that correct?

Colinvellacott_2-1599829768693.png

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 50
(2,406 Views)
  1. Right click on Open Serial VI and click on Open Front Panel, then go to its block diagram

2. Right click on Initialize VI and click on Open Front Panel, then go to its block diagram

3. Right click on Initialize Device VI and click on Open Front Panel, then go to its block diagram
  4. Right click on Synchronize VI and click on Open Front Panel, then go to its block diagram
  5. on the SEND CMD VI that is visible, add 1000 integer constant connected to the Timeout connection.... also I have a screen shot of what it should look like with the fix.

Let me know if that helps.

bbelley_0-1599838163588.png

Message 43 of 50
(2,398 Views)

Thank you for efforts.

I tried it and it makes no difference her.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 50
(2,371 Views)

I’m sorry to hear that. Could you post a screenshot of what you changed? Just the VI where you added the constant should be enough.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 50
(2,368 Views)

Hi I have just revisited this and it now works! I am not sure what I was doing wrong before.

As a test I removed the time delay and it failed as it did, put it back in and it works again.

Thank you everybody who helped me.

Message 46 of 50
(2,324 Views)

Hmm not sure why it did not work initially but glad to see it works now!

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 50
(2,305 Views)

Thank you.

As a first time user I managed to follow your instructions and get LINX to work with my ChipKIT UNO32.

And it may also work on the Arduino Uno Simulator as that had the same error.
Now looking forward to learning LABView.

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 50
(2,028 Views)

@ChrisRoper wrote:

Now looking forward to learning LABView.

First lesson: Learn the correct letter-case. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 50
(2,016 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

First lesson: Learn the correct letter-case. 🙂

Point taken but when your primary tools are MPLab and PICKit that capitalisation tends to become a habit 😉🙂

Message 50 of 50
(2,004 Views)