JKI State Machine Objects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing events in between steps

Hi!

I was looking into JKI SMO examples, and I have a feeling, that framework design allows only for processing external events in event loop placed in  "", "Idle"  case; is it true?

How would you suggest using JKISMO for executing state machines which expece to get abort signal at any moment and are required to switch execution scheme e.g. immediatelly call Macro:exit ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,458 Views)

Hi Mike,

What you mention is true for the JKI State Machine, so it also applies for the JKI SMO template processes. If you make any state in the JKI SM be blocking, the new incoming events cannot be serviced, including an abort message. You can always use a different pattern inside the Process.vi (e.g. Producer/Consumer) by adding additional parallel loops.

Thanks for the message.

Javier Ruiz - Partner at JKI
jki.net
vipm.io
Message 2 of 3
(6,119 Views)

Thank you fo the answer.

It took me a while to get over misleading name "state machine", as what your framework is is more a scriptable sequencer than actual state machine (like Mealy or Moore finite State machine).

It gives even more flexibility, but one cannot use classic state machine paradigms.

The problem I have had, I solved by integrating an event structure to each stable (i.e. occupied for prolonged time) state.

It gave me a phantom to be able to process stop and abort commands.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,119 Views)