From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Ireland LabVIEW User Group Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a user group in my company/institute

Hi all,

There are 10-20 users of LabVIEW in my institute. For the most part, each of us work independently. To help share knowledge and expertise we had the idea of setting up a user group. Does anyone have any experience in setting one up or have any advice to give to help it run smoothly?

Thanks in advance.

B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,158 Views)

Hi BJ_phy, 

There are some useful supporting materials available here on getting set up with a user group, particularly Section 3: https://learn.ni.com/center-of-excellence/resources/142/user-groups

Hope that helps, get in touch if you'd like to discuss further

Thanks

James P
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,048 Views)

Hi James P,

Thanks for the link, looked through he CoE but didn't come across that section yet - will check it out 🙂

Regards,

Brendan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,018 Views)

Hi BJ_Phy

Where is this group you're planning?  Which part of Ireland?  I would be interested to know more as I'm also thinking of some group meets.

Regards,

Ajay  

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,703 Views)

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for only getting back to you now. 

I am based in Cork at the Tyndall National Institute (UCC). I was exploring the idea of having a user group at Tyndall. Over the years I have provided training on LabVIEW programming and have presented some LabVIEW topics to my work colleagues. 

I felt that a user group would help us keep up to date on all things LabVIEW. I would be one of the main developers with most using the applications for data collection and instrument control. 

I and others would be interested in joining in on the group meets and seeing if we can contribute. 

Regards,

Brendan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,290 Views)

Hi Brenden,

Good to know that you are trying to setup a user group at Tyndall.  I'm on the other side trying to setup a user group for whole Ireland named as IreAutomate (LinkedIn Group Here).  You may be interested to join, we have conducted 2 sessions so far and in process or organizing it better in coming days.

Thanks,

Ajay.

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,282 Views)