Ireland LabVIEW User Group Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a user group in my company/institute

Hi all,

There are 10-20 users of LabVIEW in my institute. For the most part, each of us work independently. To help share knowledge and expertise we had the idea of setting up a user group. Does anyone have any experience in setting one up or have any advice to give to help it run smoothly?

Thanks in advance.

B

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,188 Views)

Hi BJ_phy, 

There are some useful supporting materials available here on getting set up with a user group, particularly Section 3: https://learn.ni.com/center-of-excellence/resources/142/user-groups

Hope that helps, get in touch if you'd like to discuss further

Thanks

James P
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,078 Views)

Hi James P,

Thanks for the link, looked through he CoE but didn't come across that section yet - will check it out 🙂

Regards,

Brendan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,048 Views)

Hi BJ_Phy

Where is this group you're planning?  Which part of Ireland?  I would be interested to know more as I'm also thinking of some group meets.

Regards,

Ajay  

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,733 Views)

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for only getting back to you now. 

I am based in Cork at the Tyndall National Institute (UCC). I was exploring the idea of having a user group at Tyndall. Over the years I have provided training on LabVIEW programming and have presented some LabVIEW topics to my work colleagues. 

I felt that a user group would help us keep up to date on all things LabVIEW. I would be one of the main developers with most using the applications for data collection and instrument control. 

I and others would be interested in joining in on the group meets and seeing if we can contribute. 

Regards,

Brendan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,320 Views)

Hi Brenden,

Good to know that you are trying to setup a user group at Tyndall.  I'm on the other side trying to setup a user group for whole Ireland named as IreAutomate (LinkedIn Group Here).  You may be interested to join, we have conducted 2 sessions so far and in process or organizing it better in coming days.

Thanks,

Ajay.

--
Ajay MV

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,312 Views)