From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write multiple data serially in arduino

Hi everybody,

I made a vi to send a multiple data serially to the arduino and my task is to send the swept step frequency manually to the arduino and the code is already uploaded in the arduino just i need to send values we wanted, got through the vi and send me the feedback and when every time you enter the values in control you need to press the enter button, so that the values can write into the arduino.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,524 Views)

And the question is?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,398 Views)

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply, and my question is , is that a correct method to write data serially to arduino? because i'm a fresher in labview to use visa architecture.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,386 Views)

1. No need for the wait since the Event Structure will make the loop sleep while waiting for you to push a button.

2. I seriously doubt you want all of those settings to be written when any of the buttons are pressed.  Try moving the VISA Writes to be inside of event cases and only send the command when the respective control changes.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,381 Views)