Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why dont i find ni488.h file in the ni 488.2 installation CD

i am trying to write a program using C programming for conrolling instruments using GPIB.i have purchased a PCI-GPIB card (XP,VISTA and 2000 version).The documentation given in the inallation CD says i will havte to include "ni488.h" in my program.but i am not able to find this header file in the given CD(i have also installed the ni488.2 software given in the CD).
plz help me ,how can i develop my application in C for GPIB using PCI-GPIB card.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,379 Views)
waris,

The ni488.h file is created on your computer when you install the NI-488.2 driver and include support for the C environment you are using. These locations can be found in the NI-488.2 help file which is accessible from the start menu»Program Files
»National Instruments»NI 488.2. Also, here is a knowledge base article that lists the locations for Microsoft C.
-Marshall R
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,354 Views)
Dear sir can u tell how to develop this in Borland C.
i wrote a program using all these header files(windows.h and ni488.h)
but to compile my program these files location should be added in the project,which i could not find
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,345 Views)
It is very similar to the Knowledge Base article linked above, just for Borland C:

• Older versions of the drivers installed these files at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-488.2\Languages\Borland C
  • Newer versions of the drivers (post Vista support) installed these files at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-488.2\Languages\Borland C
-Marshall R
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,312 Views)