Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's GPIB command can transfer state file to E5062A from external comtrol(PC)

Deal All

so far, I can use MMEM:TRAN? "D:A.STA" to read the state file on my PC. and now I have two questions.

1. how to save this state file in my PC?

2. what's GPIB command can transfer this state file to E5062A from PC?

about question 2 : I was read E5061-90042.pdf, and read sample program of page 140, and try MMEM:TRAN this command. but still fail.

please advance

Best Regards

Patch

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,160 Views)

@patchchen wrote:

Deal All

so far, I can use MMEM:TRAN? "D:A.STA" to read the state file on my PC. and now I have two questions.

1. how to save this state file in my PC?

2. what's GPIB command can transfer this state file to E5062A from PC?

about question 2 : I was read E5061-90042.pdf, and read sample program of page 140, and try MMEM:TRAN this command. but still fail.

please advance

Best Regards

Patch

What exactly does MMEM:TRAN fail?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,152 Views)

You could just save the read data straight to a text file.  That would be the simplest way.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,149 Views)

Syntax :

MMEMory:TRANsfer <string>,<block>  ----I guess this command can write back to instrument. but alway fail. maybe my parameter is wrong. so I need a correct parameter about <string> and  <block>. if I have a txt of state file in my D:\ of PC.
MMEMory:TRANsfer? <string>  -------------- I can read data to PC and save a txt file. but I cannot confirm the txt file is correct because I cannot write back to instrument and recall to show.

BR

Patch

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,111 Views)

@patchchen wrote:

Syntax :

MMEMory:TRANsfer <string>,<block>  ----I guess this command can write back to instrument. but alway fail. maybe my parameter is wrong. so I need a correct parameter about <string> and  <block>. if I have a txt of state file in my D:\ of PC.
MMEMory:TRANsfer? <string>  -------------- I can read data to PC and save a txt file. but I cannot confirm the txt file is correct because I cannot write back to instrument and recall to show.

BR

Patch

It is in the manual. Read it carefully.

I had to do something like this; I had to write calibration parameters back to an Agilent network analyzer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,108 Views)

to nyc

are you use GPIB command ? or VBA ? or others?

and MMEM:TRAN command is correct ? or others?

or which pages I need to read ?

and you said the manual is E5061-90042.pdf ?

I have spend a lot of time to try and read manual.

could you give me more information?

BR

Patch

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,106 Views)
You should be asking such instrument specific questions to Keysight.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,096 Views)

I was asked before. they told me to read manual and example, test Macro. I had all done.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,089 Views)

@patchchen wrote:

I was asked before. they told me to read manual and example, test Macro. I had all done.

If you are unable to understand the manual, then you had better tell your manager, so that he can get someone else who can do this project.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,078 Views)