From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the difference between GPIB and VISA when we compile a program?

Thanks;

I didn't set anything in EOS and Properties of GPIB. How to set those stuff. Do your guys know where I can get some infomation about how to configure EOS or other setupd in Devices and Interfaces?
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 34
(1,538 Views)
You can right click on the GPIB interface in MAX and select properties. You can specify an EOS byte there. In the GPIB Write, there is a mode setting and in the driver, this is set to mode 3 which will 'Append CR LF to the string and send EOI with LF.'. You can do this in MAX by appending \r\n to each command but you said you've already tried this correct? The VI you wrote should be modified to set the mode to three as I already mentioned. I don't see any mention of this in the SR245 pdf file from SR. What the instrument expects is really a question for them.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 34
(1,533 Views)

Hallo all,

I read all previous conversation, it was somewhat helpful. I am doing a similar communication(GPIB-USB HS) with Compumotor Motion Control Axis system(SX/SXF Indexer) manufactured by Parker Compumotor.

My questions are:

1. There is two communication methods for this device,there are PPI and SX/SXF Indexer (X language for electronics).Now,I need to use which communication protocol?

2. My communicating device is NI488 client(Not NI488.2 client) and also, it won't support *IDM? query. And,When I try to communicate with device,I am getting error as "EABO" (Tried in NI 488.2 Communication window) and getting Timeout error (Labview). Pls help me

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 34
(1,072 Views)

Hello msgowtham,

We have a pretty active community here at NI. I can see that the post you commented on hasn't been active for a while. I would advise you make a new post with the same information so more people will be able to see it and add insight on your issue or gain knowledge from it.

Additionally, I've found this support article on why you could not respond to your *IDN query. I would recommend looking through it and posting it alongside your question if you decide to make a new forum post.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5144DBBA272C2A48862578C000649B2E

Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 34 of 34
(1,031 Views)