Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visa read timeout error -1073807339-Keithley 2700

I want to control Keithley 2700 and read DC voltage using  USB-GPIB. In the code, I will input "Delay" which is the time interval between each reading in one test, and "Sample" is the total data in one single test. When I wanted to read data every one second, there was no error -1073807339, but if I wanted to read data very fast ,I added some commands in the "Write initial instruction to Keithley" to get the fastest reading rate. After adding these commands, when the program worked well, it can read 100 data,but there would arise the visa read timeout error if I tried to read over 1000 data. Sometimes, the case was even worse. When I ran the program, the display of K2700 became "--.--------V" and there was no data returned and there was also the error  -1073807339. The display was still "--.-------V" even when the program finished running and I needed to restart the equipment.

The buffer size was set larger enough to store the experiment data. My  computer system is win7. Attached are the screenshots of the program.

I'm new to LabView. I would appreciate it greatly for your valuable suggestions. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,790 Views)

Hi fanbei,

Have you already tried using the existing driver for the Keithley 2700, located here? You may find it easier to work with the driver rather than sending all the commands yourself.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,710 Views)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply! I tried to use the driver, but there were error -410, and I couldn't run the program. Attached are the screenshots of the error when I run the Single Measurement in the driver example. Did you have any idea for this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,704 Views)

Sorry, I forgot to attach the screenshots.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,703 Views)

Hi Fanbei,

It looks like you're not the first user to encounter this issue using the Keithley driver, which is specific to the Keithley hardware. Take a look at this forum post, which includes a description of the error from the Keithley 2700 manual, which may help you figure out what's causing the issue. It sounds like it can occur if sending a command to retrieve data, but never reading the data from the instrument.

I'd also take a look at some of the other forum posts regarding this issue.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,677 Views)

I have similar error with LDC501. Im using same GPIB-USB-HS. Program run perfectly fine without any problems. I need program be run (sometimes) days together. I record data once every second. Randomly after running for few hours or even days it displays this error . The GPIB device will not recognize LDC anymore. I have to go to MAX and right click on the NI GPIB-USB-HS and click on scan for instruments. after that when I run the program it runs fine without error. 

Can you help troubleshoot this please?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,669 Views)

Here is an article that details the error you are seeing along with some troubleshooting steps to try:

"Error -1073807339 VISA Read or Write Timeout"

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019L3mSAE&l=en-US

Kendal C.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,645 Views)