Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test board

Is this system of NI a good place to get the materials needed to test newly built electronic boards? These boards would be tested before they are assembled in a finished product and then the final product would be tested. Over all the idea is an automated test system that an average technician would use to verify products so as to shorten testing time and to offer more tests. Or maybe explain it as plug in a electronic device and see if a Pass or Fail comes up.
Thanklk you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,390 Views)
Hi

If you mean witrh "trhis" system either LabVIEW or TestStand the answer is yes.
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,380 Views)

Thank you. I need to present something real quick to my boss and since I have used labview as a technition to refurbish and test the electronics in devices in the past, NI came to mind. Now I need to actually set up a system to do the testing for future techs/assemblers. This I have never done before. So I am not sure on how to start. I did view some basic videos on your site and saw that the low end was about 1000 dollars. I would like to think as time goes on I could get more add ons and update Labview as needed.

I guess I should examine test stand more as you mentioned. Thank you fo your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,369 Views)
Please keep in mind that this is a public forum, so when you said "your site", this isn't Albert's site. I suspect, though, he'd probably love to be NI's owner. Smiley Wink

Consequently, you should not go to your boss and say "NI said yes", since Albert is a general user, just like me. The answer to your question is too broad since your question is too broad. Can LabVIEW be used? Can TestStand be used? Can both be used? Yes to all. Is this the best option for your situation? Who knows. These solutions will require a certain amount of programming skill which you need to take into account. Also, cost is an issue, so you need to determine what your budget is. Heck, for a simple testing solution you can whip something up in Visual Basic or even (egads!) Excel. Any kind of automation will shorten testing time and improve reliability, but how you do it depends on many other factors, such as what you're testing, what kind of signals you need to process, what instruments you're using, what your overall budget considerations are, what your required user interfaces are, etc....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,359 Views)
ok, thank you. I meant the NI site. Smiley Tongue I just wanted some freindly advise and yes, money is always the issue. I am trying to think long range starting off slow so as time progresses, I will be ready. I do have a programmer who can help me as he is far more experienced in this area. And I may have to start off in excel.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,356 Views)
Hello Tmoore:

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. You can go here and contact a field sales engineer and they can help you choose the correct hardware and software for your system.
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,346 Views)
Thanks for saving me from all kind of fines or doing the work for free..

But really I would like to won NI, but am already satisfied I can play with LabVIEW and make a living out of it.
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,343 Views)