Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

string concantenation error for HP 4142B

Hi ,

my task is to control HP 4142 B Modular DC source through labview. I am able to communicate with 4142 and able to get the values from it.

I am using  different ways in sending commands for the instrument. One is that i am sending command at a time in string constant and the other by using string concantenation for multiple use. I have attached example vi. so that u can understand my exact problem.

my problem is when i am sending command with string constant , it works fine and i am able read the values from it. where as when i am using with string concantenation i am not able to get the values from the instrument. In string concantentaion , i included code display too..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,827 Views)

You aren't sending the same command with the concantanate string. Clean up the wiring and see how you've miswired it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,823 Views)

no, i have attached vi only to understand my problem its not the actual vi...now i got the solution in string concantenation i am using directly \r\n for the command its not working ...for that i have used [" end of line constant" and "line feed constant"] for each "\r\n" and works fine now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,817 Views)

the actual vi...it works fine..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,813 Views)