Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting VISA serial port settings does not persist

Solved!
Go to solution

I am facing an error in the VISA Test panel as "IS PORT CONNECTED". I'm able to select the port as VCOM from the device manager at the same time from the NI MAX Devices and Interfaces. I have attached the screenshot of the error. Can anyone discuss on debugging this. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,744 Views)

@Fredrickjohnson wrote:

I'm able to select the port as VCOM from the device manager at the same time from the NI MAX Devices and Interfaces.

Is this some sort 3rd party device?
Why are you selecting from Device Manager and from NI-MAX? What does that mean?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,737 Views)
No debugging required as there is no error. You've asked this same question repeatedly.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,734 Views)
Refer to the attached image . There exist an error ; this was not asked before.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,726 Views)
Yes it's a 3rd party device so I need to configure for VISA communication using NI MAX
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,725 Views)

Why are you even looking at that tab in NI-MAX?

I still have no clue what you are doing in Device Manager and with NI-MAX.

Unless there is an error in Device Manager, you don't need to have do anything with it.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,720 Views)
Asked and answered at http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/ftdi-read-in-LabVIEW/td-p/2440424/page/2 so you actually did post the same question before. You have posted to multiple threads and that is rude behavior.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,719 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
Asked and answered at http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/ftdi-read-in-LabVIEW/td-p/2440424/page/2 so you actually did post the same question before. You have posted to multiple threads and that is rude behavior.

Not only did he ignore your answer, he ignored all the other answers there as well.

What a BIG WASTE of TIME.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,714 Views)
Cool! Thanks. I missed out the thread actually. I am checking with NI MAX because there was a exclamatory yellow mark on the device listing in MAX .
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,707 Views)

Please find the attached image with error. This occured on selecting the specfied attribute. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,686 Views)