Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Check that the library name an prefix are correct." Yep, they are. Now what?

Hello,

I have a customer who is using a Labview wrapper for an IVI driver to create an application to send commands to an LXI instrument.  The problem is even the initialize call results in the following error:

Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFA000A) Check that the library name (VTEXSwitch.dll) and prefix (VTEXSwitch) are correct.

There are no problems communicating with the instrument using a web browser and NI-MAX sees the instrument fine.  The customer gets this exact same error when they rename the actual DLL file to something different, which indicates to me that the labview wrapper isn't finding it at all.  I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I can't see how Labview is supposed to know the path where it is looking for that DLL.

This same wrapper has worked for a lot of other people.  I made sure they had installed the IVI Compliance Package and IVI Shared Components, and tried reinstalling the IVI driver from the manufacturer.  The problem is still there.  What should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,346 Views)

@BurlapSage wrote:
  I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I can't see how Labview is supposed to know the path where it is looking for that DLL.

Probably it uses the standard windows algorithm as described in MSDN

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,323 Views)