From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programing agilent E5062A with external controller

Hello ,

I am looking for a solution to agilent E5062A program to load a .sta file
I already use the command: MMEM: LOAD an error occurs invalid separator please help 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,448 Views)

It looks like your SCPI command isn't properly formatted...but you didn't post the code so can't be absolutely sure.

On instruments I use the SCPI command to load a saved config file is something like...

MMEM:LOAD 'filename';

Note, there's no space between ":" and LOAD.  But I've had issues on some instruments with the filename string. Make sure you use the ' quotes.  Consult the manual for more details on file paths.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,424 Views)

I use the following python code but an error :error separator 

import Gpib

inst=Gpib.Gpib(0,16)

inst.write(":MMEM:LOAD ""USER(D)/state.sta""")

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,396 Views)

Stil no luck?  Try..

inst.write(":MMEM:LOAD 'USER(D)/state.sta';")  - Note changed parentheses and the ; at the end.  Probably a termination char also (\r or \n or \r\n) but I don't know how those are handled in python these days.

Some older Agilent instruments didn't support spaces in filename and there may be a maximum filename length that's shorter than the Windows standards.  So try names that fit the old DOS 8.3 format  (abcdefgh.dat).

Craig

Message 4 of 5
(2,388 Views)

@cstorey wrote:

Some older Agilent instruments didn't support spaces in filename and there may be a maximum filename length that's shorter than the Windows standards.  So try names that fit the old DOS 8.3 format  (abcdefgh.dat).

Remember that if multiple files begin with the same 8 characters in the DOS 8.3 format, then you will need to see which order they are alphanumerically and add a ~ followed by a single digit to the first 6 characters.  (abcdef~2.dat) for the second file in alphanumeric order.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,384 Views)