Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with NI VISA and Agilent VISA

hi
I would like to control hp4284a (with GPIB interface) and eurotherm 2404 (with serial interface)using Labview 8.0
When i install the driver for the PCI GPIB card for the hp4284a including Agilent visa so the eurotherm don't work and it return an error(visa error).
when i reinstall the NI visa so the eurotherm work but the hp4284a don't.
perhaps there is a conflit between NI VISA and Agilent VISA

any help please
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,691 Views)
You've got an Agilent GPIB board? To have Agilent and NI-VISA co-exist, I think all that you ahve to do is enable tulip support in MAX. If you start up MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer), expand the software list and select NI-VISA. Go to the VISA Options tab on the right side of the screen and under general settings, lcik on 'Passports'. Check the box that says NiVisaTulip.dll. You should be running a new version of NI-VISA.
Message 2 of 7
(6,682 Views)
I did the change that you suggest but the problem still exist,
if you have other idea I will be grateful
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,604 Views)
The Agilent Visa and NI Visa should be able to exist side by side. First Install NI-Visa. Install the "Agilent IO Libary Suite" program afterwards with default settings. There should be an entry in the Agilent-main panel saying: "Agilent Visa is the secondary visa" Enable the Tulip passport. Now all commands for Visa in LabVIEW should be working for serial and GPIB. That's the way it is working with my computer and a Agilent USB-GPIB converter.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,582 Views)
thank you so much
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,560 Views)

Hi

Please can you give me the VI, that can command the eurotherm 2404 and Agilent hp4284A.

I use Labview 8.0.

I have used ET24XX and it does'nt work with 2404 eurothem (modbus)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,862 Views)

Hello,

You may find what you want here : www.ni.com/idnet

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,842 Views)