Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'.obj' is not a supported source type in BCB x64

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I plan to convert our GPIB remote program from x86 to x64, but in BCB x64, '.obj' is not a supported source type (gpib-32.obj).
linker error:
[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ibdev' referenced from C:\C++PROJECT\CALIBRATOR_X64\WIN64\DEBUG\GPIB_CLASS.O
[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ibsta' referenced from C:\C++PROJECT\CALIBRATOR_X64\WIN64\DEBUG\GPIB_CLASS.O
[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ibonl' referenced from C:\C++PROJECT\CALIBRATOR_X64\WIN64\DEBUG\GPIB_CLASS.O
[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ibwrt' referenced from C:\C++PROJECT\CALIBRATOR_X64\WIN64\DEBUG\GPIB_CLASS.O
[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ibrd' referenced from C:\C++PROJECT\CALIBRATOR_X64\WIN64\DEBUG\GPIB_CLASS.O
[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'ibcntl' referenced from C:\C++PROJECT\CALIBRATOR_X64\WIN64\DEBUG\GPIB_CLASS.O

It's there any other suggestion or replaceable resource?

Thanks and best regards,
Ann.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,552 Views)

why do you need to convert?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,490 Views)

您好!

我的發問可能有點模糊,以下再說明一下:

原本的環境為BCB5 x86,因記憶體不足的問題,必須改在x64的環境下執行 (Rad Studio CX10.1),

但在Rad Studio CX10.1 x64 中不支援.obj的檔案類型 (需使用的是gpib-32.obj),

想詢問是否有其他方式,例如將.obj轉成其他格式,或是有其他資源檔可替代?

Thanks

Ann

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,450 Views)

There is another Chinese language forum.

This forum is English.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,414 Views)

Oops!

My question may be ambiguous, let me explain below:

The original environment of our program was BCB5 x86. Due to insufficient memory, it must be run in an x64 environment (Rad Studio CX10.1).However, the .obj file type is not supported in Rad Studio CX10.1 x64 (gpib-32.obj). So I want to ask is there any other ways, such as converting .obj to other formats, or have another resource file to replace?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,364 Views)

I have no experience with any of the software you are using.

Never heard of Rad Studio CX or BCB5. Do not know what they are.

Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,356 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PTCTW

The .obj files are 32bit only. So no chance to use them with a 64 bit compiler.

On 64 bit systems there is no 64bit gpib-32.dll. This is superseeded by  ni4882.dll.

Since NI-488.2 17.0 also the support for Borland C was dropped (AFAIK there was support only for the 32 bit compiler).

Does your environment has support to access  "3rd-party" Windows .dlls ? Follow these instructions to access ni4882.dll. 

Or read the chapter "Direct Entry with C" in the NI 488.2 User Manual to write a wrapper for your environment. 

Message 7 of 7
(2,346 Views)