Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language interface for TURBO C

i have purchased a PCI-GPIB card(XP,VISTA version) and i am trying to develop a program in C for GPIB communication.I have tried to compile the sample given in language interface folder for BORLAND C.and i have added ni488.h .but when i compile there are errors with windows.h file (it says it can not include windef.h,excpt.h and so many other header files.)

whether these program will work with only BORLAN C compiler ,which i dont have,
so how can i develop my program using TURBO C compiler.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,101 Views)
Borland/Turbo C/C++ compilers are roughly devided into three types, DOS version, 16bit Windows version, and today's Win32 version.  Which type are you using?

Today's NI-GPIB CD-ROM contains drivers and language interfaces for 32bit platforms/compilers.  If you want older platform, you must obtain older version of driver CD-ROMs. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,090 Views)

Hi Waris,

If you are developing DOS or Win16 applications for use on Windows XP, you can download the appropriate Turbo C Language Interface.

Win16 Turbo C/C++ Language Interface and examples

DOS 16 bit Turbo C/C++ Language Interface and examples

To run DOS applications on Windows XP, there is an extra step that you need to take in order to enable DOS support. For more information, please refer to Enable or Disable NI-488.2 DOS Support in NT/ME/2000/XP.

If you are developing DOS or Win16 applications for use on Vista, Win16 and DOS support are not available on Windows Vista and later operating systems.

Hope this information helps!

gpibtester

Message 3 of 3
(4,078 Views)