This widget could not be displayed.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithley 6517A

Hi, all

I have a Keithley 6517 A  electrometer in my lab that i need to measure the external voltage vs the time. I use labview 7.1 and GPIB  cable. I have installed the drivers of Keithley 6517  A, but i do not know how to use it. It will be great if anybody can help me. My Computer Operating System: Win XP

Regards,

Maike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,806 Views)

For information on what a driver is and how to use one, refer to the links on the Instrument Driver Network.

The driver does have an example that shows how to use some of the functions. Make sure you have context help turned on so that you get a description of each VI and the controls on the front panels. Most importantly, use the instrument manual to get a thorough understanding of how the instrument works. Operate it manually You would then be able to get an idea of what each function in the driver corresponds to a manual operation. You can look at what remote commands are being sent by each function and look them up in the instrument manual. Experiment with the different functions in the driver to see what they do. 

Message 2 of 5
(4,799 Views)
I only knew the labview software a few days ago. But it is very urgent for me to realize the measurement. So I am looking for help here.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,779 Views)
You've not asked a specific question so I have no idea what kind of help you need. To learn the basics of LabVIEW, there are a couple of tutorials. Try to write something. People here do not do all of the work for someone - we respond much better to making suggestions/fixes to code that someone has written.
Message 4 of 5
(4,773 Views)

There're two signal monitor out at the back of the 6517A, 2Volt out and preamp out. You can use any DAQ device to read the signal from the two monitor out, and LabVIEW will surely read the signal as voltage.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,253 Views)