Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithley 2410 hardware error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey, guys.
I'm very new in this of labview, I do some programs using always drivers to control instruments. So recently I have the job to control a Keithley 2410 SMU. I do a simple program to source constant voltage, and measure current vs time. This program works wells in short periods and the Keithley functions very well. But a week ago, I have to used for 20 hrs, the problem was that at 45 min of functioning, the frontal screen of SMU unit went off, the labview show an I/O error that can communicate with the instrument, and when I reboot the instrument it can't do anything, and the labview is not capable of communicate with the instrument. The unit is manufactured when is functioning as a source and measurement unit to not to be damaged with high currents, and so the last measurements was about 100mA when the compliance level was at 1A. When I power on the unit, I only hear the fans and I can't do nothing, I look for the fuse but It was ok.

So I know this is a Keithley Hardware error not related to NI. But I have the idea that maybe something that i put in my program damage the instrument in some way.I control the instrument with a serial cable, and I used the drivers that I downloaded from a NI page, dont remember what version was. Just need help to see if it's something bad that I do, damaged the instrument

Greetings to all.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,237 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nial25

While there are some poor programming choices in that code, ther is nothing that should have caused damage to the Kiethley in code.  Something in hardware should be suspected.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,227 Views)

Thanks for the clarification, hoping to do a more useful program in the future when I have the keithley fixed, I'm still a noob in labview code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,209 Views)