Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithley 2400 gbip connection to other one

Hello;

I am using Labtracer program via gpib cables. But I need to run two keithley 2400 source-meters by using labtracer. By the now I couldn^t control both of them. The visa problem is appearing on the screen. How can I connect keithley 2400 to other one via gpib cable in order to run labtracer program. The one 2400 is being used as a drain-source and other one is being used as gate-source for characterization fet devices. In addition labtracer program is running only one keithley 2400 units and I obtain cuurent and voltage values directly.

Already now thank you for helping

Message Edited by citoz on 12-31-2008 03:29 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,200 Views)

Could you be a little more specific than 'visa problem is appearing on the screen.'? What problem and what screen are you talking about?

When you connect instruments to a GPIB controller, you can do it one of two ways. Either daisy chain the instruments or use a star configuration. With a daisy chain, you would have a cable from the controller to instrument A and another cable from instrument A to instrument B. With a star configuration, you have a single cable from the controller to instrument A and another cable from the controller to instrument B.

For a problem related to Labtracer, you need to contact Keithley.

Message 2 of 2
(3,183 Views)