Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to send 80k of data file from system (pc) having ISA AT-GPIB/TNT TO SYSTEM(pc)

having PCI-GPIB in 500msec. MY interest is to transfer data of around 8k between two Computers every 500msec online. and 80k file only once before start sending 8k data . For this application iam using GPIB boards
*. System(PC) which receives data is having PCI GPIB where operating system is Windows-98 and program developed to receive data is in VC++, MFC. and this GPIB board is configured as System Controller.and i have loaded NI488.2for windows( Measurement &Automation)

*. System(PC) which sends data is having ISA AT-GPIB/TNT where operating system is Dos and Windows-98 and program developed to receive data is in Borlandc.and this GPIB board is
configured as Non System
Controller.and i have loaded NI488.2 s/w for DOS and the AT_GPIB ver 2.7.2 and NI-488.2 s/w for windows

For both boards time out setting is 100msec.

Problems iam facing are:

1. I need to Transfer file of 80k from ISA AT-GPIB/TNT to PCI GPIB. i used ibwrtf function and tried to send file-but system is sometimes hanging and sometimes iam not receiving any data on system with PCI gpib.
one more thing is i have to send this file only once so i need synchronisation i.e. both systems should get information that one is ready to receive file other is ready to tranfer file. therby i can ensure that file is transfered.
iam using ibrsv function on non controller side and WaitSRQ and ibrsp on Controller side.

2.In system with ISA AT-GPIB/TNT board iam able to run the application only from inside the borlandc and when i tried running program from Ms-Dos promt application is not running.
i tried booting system in dos mode and ran the application but scre
en will be jumping.
tried running from windows - run , from there also application is not running.

pl give me suggestions
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,020 Views)
There was a duplicate post of this question answered at:

http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HExpertOnly=&HFORCEKWTID=8448:5&HOID=50650000000800000065190000&UCATEGORY_0=_26_%24_13_&UCATEGORY_0=_26_%24_13_&UCATEGORY_0=_26_%24_13_&UCATEGORY_S=0
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,020 Views)